Monday, June 20, 2011

Celebrating Young Women on the Move and Girls on the Run























































On Thursday June 16th, we had our Celebration for Young Women on the Move and Girls on the Run at our Crescent Town Library. Each girl brought with her a female role model (her mom, grandma) to celebrate this evening with us.
Here is the Young Women on the Move video presentation:
























































































This is our shared writing activity:
















Because I Am A Girl...
































  • I can choose the things I want to do
















  • I can make my own decisions
















  • I could be anything in the world
















  • I can rap and make my own decisions
















  • I can make anything happen
















  • I have the right to do whatever i want to do
















  • I can keep my heart open to all the other girls around me
















  • I can do anything
















  • I can be a pilot
















  • I can say anything and wear anything
















  • I can love anybody
















  • I am the heart of the family
















  • I will run
















  • I can inpsire other girls to change the world
















  • Boys can't hit me
















  • I can choose to create life
















  • I can like any colour I want
















  • I can take care of kids
















  • I will lift up women and girls through my actions and words NOT tear them down
















  • I can go anywhere
















  • I can run, ply, hip hop and more
















  • I can fly high!
















  • I have been blessed with the joys of motherhood
















  • I can wear skirts everyday!
















  • I can change the world and make it a better place
















  • I have the power to help those around me life a better life
















  • I can dream-believe-make it happen-anywhere, anytime!











































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment